Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Packing day

Blogging while I should be packing. I'm still new at this blogging thing. I haven't yet figured out how best to add pictures to the posts. Apparently I both post directly from Picasa on my computer, or add a link from Picasa web. I'll keep experimenting to see if I can get the layout to look like I want it to.

I didn't know how much effort it would take to blog. Coming up with ideas is easy, but actually finding time to sit down and type them into a computer is difficult. Of course, I'm running around trying to get everything in order before I leave, so it's not like I have a lot of time.

I've got two days left. I'm flying out of Minneapolis on Thursday afternoon. (EEEK!) My total travel time will be 22 hours and 30 minutes. An entire day of my life gone. Four hours from MSP to LAX, 14 hours from LAX to Auckland, and a mere hour from Auckland to Napier/Hastings.

I'm researching how best to avoid jet lag. I've settled on these principles:
1. Get a good night's sleep the night before.
2. Decrease stress. Have everything ready to go the night before so I'm not scrambling to get things done at the last minute.
3. Exercise the morning of the trip.
4. No coffee or alcohol for 24 hours before, or during the trip.
5. Drink water. Hydration good.
6. NO sleeping drugs. I've tried it. I'd rather be regular tired than feel like a zombie.

Back to packing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh heck... go with the drinking! I bet the trip would be much more interesting!!! giggles