Thursday, May 21, 2009

Brrr!

It's cold and windy today, though still sunny. Hawke's Bay has amazingly good weather in comparison to the rest of the country. The forecast was rain and/or snow for the rest of the country yesterday, and the worst we got here was a few gray clouds.

Today is Josie's last day of work, so we have decided to start our expedition on Monday. We'll spend this weekend making plans and figuring out where we're going to be staying. And I'm going to try to get some more driving practice.

Yesterday I took Josie's bike out to Havelock North, a little town about 3km away. Havelock North is at the foot of Te Mata peak, which rises 400 meters above the ocean and provides a stunning view of Hawke's Bay. After reaching the town, I started up Te Mata Road, just to see where it led. Apparently there are some nice hiking trails up there. After about the third uphill bend, I found a nice scenic spot, and took some pictures. And decided that was about enough strenuous exercise for one day. No need to overdo it. Maybe Jos and I can drive up there this weekend.

I'll get the pictures up soon.

No comments: