Sunday, May 24, 2009

MOBILE BROADBAND INTERNET! And planning.

Finally got mobile internet from Vodafone. It's not cheap, but I am SO glad that I now have internet access whenever I want it. Go technology.

Josie and I got together with her friend Bex yesterday to plan our trip. We have a tentative itinerary worked out. I'm sure our trip won't be exactly like we discussed, but it will be somewhat similar. We're going north from Hastings toward Rotorua and the Coromandel peninsula. Then we'll be winding our way counterclockwise around the north island, ending up in Wellington for a couple of days. Then on to the south island, where we have several contacts, and places to stay. Everything is tentative for now. The only specific plan we have is that we want to go to the winter festival in Queenstown over the July 4th weekend.

The top five things I must do in New Zealand:

1. Bathe in a hot springs

2. Go hiking (we're planning to at least hike the Tongariro Alpine crossing).

3. Visit a sheep farm. Preferably work on a sheep farm, learn how to shear a sheep, and spin my own wool into yarn.

4. See a glacier. We're planning to go to Fox Glacier.

5. Visit the fiords. We're planning to take a fiord tour at Milford Sound.

No comments: