Sunday, May 10, 2009

Going away

 
I had my last day of work on Thursday. Ack! It was the first real job I'd ever had. I couldn't help but think as I walked out the door, "what will they do without me?" I had to remind myself that they will be fine. They're professionals.

The going-away party on Saturday was an absolute blast. Unfortunately, it was kind of short notice, so I didn't get to see everyone I would have liked to have seen. But we had a great time.
From 2009 My Going Away Party

I didn't realize how hard the goodbyes would be. Picking up everything and moving from the only home I've ever known to a foreign land? Meh, no big deal. It's a vacation. Saying goodbye to the people I love? Perhaps "heart-breaking" is too strong a word, but it's been really hard. When I told Dylan I was leaving, she asked, "will you be home by Christmas, Katy Boyle?"

Yeah, Dylan. I'll be home by Christmas. And I will see you all then.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: