Thursday, July 23, 2009

Packing for Japan

I leave for Japan in five days. I'm trying to figure out what to bring. My mother sent me a bunch of summer clothes expertly crammed into a flat-rate USPS box. She even got the wedge-heel sandals in there. Unfortunately, I don't have room in my bag to bring them. In fact, I don't really have room in my bag for any of the shoes I'm bringing. But I NEED all of them, and they all serve a different purpose. I've got hiking shoes, tennis shoes, dressy clogs, walking sandals, and flip-flops. However, I'm only taking two pairs of pants and one pair of shorts. Because that's all I've got.

I've extended the Japan trip to the end of September. I figure that as long as I'm going, I might as well really go. The weather will be better then, as well.

The reason I'm extending the trip is, in part, because my friend in Tokyo is going to Europe for three weeks. So I get his apartment for three weeks. Score! Don't know exactly how I'll fill my time in Tokyo, but I'm sure there's a ton to do. That reminds me, I should make sure to buy an English Tokyo guidebook while I'm still in an English-speaking country...

No comments: