Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week 6


Image: Katy circa 2001 at a They Might Be Giants concert.

Wow! Yes, it has been six weeks since I started Team in Training. And I'm only just blogging about it now...

On Saturday I ran 4.4 miles at Team practice. It's the longest distance I've run in quite a while. The weather was yucky, but the run itself wasn't bad. I got to partner up with Angela, a TNT veteran. This is her fourth year with the team, and she is doing the Lifetime Fitness triathlon in Minneapolis. We are both slow runners, but we made it nonetheless. I almost decided not to go to practice, but I went anyway and felt really good afterward. Endorphins!

Then on Sunday I was supposed to swim by myself, but it was SO nice out that I thought it would be sinful to stay indoors. I went on a long bike ride west of Stillwater on the Gateway bike trail. It was amazing. And then my sister called me up and asked me to run around Calhoun with her. So at 7 PM I ran/walked another 3.1 miles.

Which made Monday a rest day. Today is also a rest day because I'm getting a metabolic assessment done tomorrow! Basically I'm going to do an exercise test for about 10 minutes while wearing a mask over my face. A computer will analyze the 02 and CO2 that I breathe out, and from that will calculate where my heart rate training zones are. I will then get an exercise plan to do. It's technical, but ultimately the goal is to get my body more efficient at cardio.

I am hashing out the final details of a fundraising incentive that involves me dying my hair green and purple. Stay tuned! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: